The developer team having been reduced since 2010, the work in the real world still goes on actively but does not reflect on the Redmine project management server. To get information about the most recent projects in Capsis, please have a look at the Capsis web site: http://capsis.cirad.fr/.
- Abial and Fagacees(INRA/LERFOB - Nancy)
- ModisPinaster (UTAD CIFAP - Vila Real)
- Mountain (CEMAGREF - Grenoble)
- New project manager
- New extension manager
- Improved automation mode
- Improved automatic user interface
- New model output type : summary for synthetic results
- Support of pure groovy modules
- New dialog positionner
- Extension refactoring and simplification (data extractor, intervener, export...)
- Java/Python communication support
- Easier module creation using a script and a module template
- A lot of code simplification and rewrite
- A lot of bug fixes
- Libraries update (apache.commons.math, jogl, sketch)
Capsis provides a new mechanism to replay scenarii with different initial or evolution parameters.
This mechanism is called automation. This automation can be run in graphical model or in console mode.
Capsis is now able to generate automatically the graphical user interface for the model parameters
without writing specific java code.
Model parameters are displayed in a simple dialog box.
The following type are supported :
- Filename (String)
The generated dialog supports
- Label translations.
- Import/Export parameters from/to xml
Documentation is available on the capsis website : http://capsis.cirad.fr/capsis/documentation/autoui
Since november 2009, Capsis supports a new model architecture. This new architecture intends to :
- Reduce the number of necessary classes.
- Simplify the implementation of the model
- Support automatic graphical user interface
- Support automation to replay a scenario and do some variation on the parameters
The main differences with the previous architecture are:
- Relay classes are optional : there is a default implementation
- Settings and initial parameters are merged into a single class
- Script mode is supported by default
- Parameter classes and gui classes are separated
Documentation is available on the capsis website : http://capsis.cirad.fr/capsis/documentation/model_architecture
The next major capsis release is 4.2.0. It will be available for download very soon.
This new release includes important code change, but preserve a backward compatibility with all the models.
These changes was necessary to prepare the future evolutions of Capsis.
- Kernel class renaming
- Code refactoring (explicit import, dependencies, settings...)
- Method provider : combine default implementations by simulating multiple inheritance
- Script mode simplification
- Groovy can be used to write scripts, tests and models
- Model reorganization : relay classes are optional
- Robust compilation : specific extensions are included in model directory (and not in capsis directory)
- Other language than French and English are supported (Chinese...)
- jib is replaced by ant
- Automatic dialog generator
- Geotools support
- Task manager with cancelable tasks
- Improved user doc manager (support offline documentation)
- Improved installer (include or not java sources)
- Javadoc on the web
- Fix a lot of small bugs
Capsis now support other languages than French and English.
Default system language is used by default.
If a translation is not provided, Capsis will use the English language by default.
Capsis can be packaged in a portable installer based on IzPack.
Installer for capsis user based on the 4.1.8 version with open source models is available here
To generate a particular installer, see : http://capsis.cirad.fr/capsis/documentation/packaging
The SVN server has been relocated.
If your SVN client (SmartSVN, Eclipse...) complains about a new fingerprint, you can accept the changes.
Capsis 4.1.8 includes the following changes:
- New project Dialog
- Help file are download in a thread (improve startup)
- Add an option to manage help file update frequency
- Ant build system
- Groovy console and new C4Script class
- Test framework
- Installer creation with Izpack
- New step visibility management
- Add expand and collapse step menu entry (use shift)
- Improve step color management
- Kernel refactoring
- New icons
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor user interface improvements
Also available in: Atom